Monday 10 December 2012

Solidarity with Tibet

Not strictly a home ed issue but very much something close to my heart. I am an avid follower of the Dalai Lama although not a fully practising Buddhist (I remain non denominational) and the Tibetan cause has been on my mind for many years now, I went to see the Dalai Lama in Nottingham some years ago and enjoyed chatting with a very diverse group of supporters, I also met a number of Buddhist monks of the Tibetan tradition over the years and myself and Martin sponsor two monks in exile in India and enjoy some wonderful correspondence with them.
When in the last year we started hearing reports of self immolation we were heartbroken, what can we do to help? We plan to visit "our monks" in India soon and in the meantime I try to support as many campaigns as possible.

Today, the 10th December is Human Rights Day so it seems fitting that the Solidarity with Tibet campaign would organise a virtual event today. This can be found on Facebook here and any anyone interested in finding out more can visit their website here

I STAND IN SOLIDARITY WITH TIBET!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts